Greystone is always looking for talented and dynamic individuals to join our growing team. Submit your resume today if you feel that your capabilities may be a fit with Greystone.
Manufacturing Engineer (Rhode Island)
Summary: Designs manufacturing systems, station layouts and tooling requirements in accordance with customer part specifications. Analyzes capacity, efficiency, quality and improvement while monitoring product development from the production part approval process to full production manufacturing.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of manufacturing systems required to achieve world class levels of productivity, efficiency, quality and safety.
- Analyze production operations to determine opportunities for improvements in efficiency, quality and delivery. Recommend alternatives and implement.
- Lead or participate in work group problem solving and continuous improvement activities, including root cause determination, identification of the improvement opportunities, selection of alternatives, implementation of solutions and measurement.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to define future processes and new product strategies, capacity requirements, and application of new technologies.
- Evaluate and submit recommendations on plant equipment acquisition proposals, including procurement, installation, and run-off acceptance.
- Train others in the analytical tools and techniques of manufacturing engineering while providing technical leadership for all manufacturing activities.
- Provide on-the-floor daily support and general trouble shooting assistance, targeting manufacturing quality and efficiency on a daily basis.
- Quote new customer work in a timely manner and within the capabilities and best interest of the Company.
- Provide the customer with a positive technical interface encompassing new product, ongoing production, revised production, efficiency, and quality improvements.
Education and Experience:
- B.S. degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering.
- 5 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably within the automotive or other large production industry.
- Expertise in AutoCAD 2000.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and MS Project.
- Demonstrated project management skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
- Understanding and knowledge of medium to high volume automotive machining using rotary transfer, multi-spindle turning centers, screw machines and production grinding machines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team orientation; internally driven and motivated by team success.
- Capable of taking initiative and multi-tasking.
- Working knowledge of basic quality tools such as Pareto Analysis, Control Plans, PPAPs and FMEA, SPC, 6 Sigma/Black Belt, Lean Manufacturing, and 5S Toyota Production Systems.
- Position requires schedule flexibility necessary to meet assigned responsibilities and team goals.
- Occasional travel to customer locations, averaging four trips annually.
Machine Operator (Rhode Island)
Summary: We have a great opportunity for a Machine Operator with Induplate, our North Providence, Rhode Island plating plant. Induplate is conveniently located just off Route 44, approximately 2 miles from Rt. 295.
- Loading and unloading 1lb and 2lb components into a fixture.
- Light mechanical line maintenance and general line operation.
- Work in a safe and conscientious manner.
- Basic mechanical knowledge/experience required.
- Desire to learn new skills and grow with the company.
- A reliable team member.
- Able to work 2nd shift, Mon-Fri 3pm to 11:30pm
We can offer you: Competitive hourly compensation and a full array of benefits.
Machinist (Rhode Island)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- 8 hr shift during which activities require the operator to be in the standing position 80% of the time period.
- Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Sets stops or guides to specified length as indicated by scale, rule, template or manufacturing data sheets.
- Reads and understands all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for equipment.
- Works with safety features in place at all times.
- Reads and understands all gauging procedures/requirements for jobs being manufactured.
- Pushes button(s) or depresses pedal to activate machine.
- Observes machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunction.
- Measures work piece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation and quality of output.
- Removes burrs, sharp edges, rust, or scale from work piece.
- Performs minor machine maintenance such as oiling machines, tool sharpening, or work piece replacement.
- Removes chips and bar ends from machine while push a cart weighting 50+ lbs.
- Adds oil to machine using pump truck and/or 5 gallon pails.
- Loads machine with 12ft bar stock several times per shift per machine, while running a minimum of 2 machines; standard is 3 machines.
- Sets up machine, stacks, marks, packs and transports finished work pieces (10-15lbs).
- Additional duties as required.
- Setup experience preferred.
Education / Experience / Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One to three months job training; safety training in proper handling of equipment.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Sitting - Yes
Lifting – 10-20 lbs.
Grasping - Yes
Crawling - No
Standing – 80%
Pulling – 25 – 150 lbs.
Reaching - Yes
Climbing - No
Pushing – 25 – 150 lbs.
Stooping - Yes
Hand Use- bilateral
Walking - Yes
Carrying – Up to 25 lbs.
Crouching - Yes
Foot Use - bilateralNoise conditions: Up to 90 decibels.
Maintenance Technician (Rhode Island)
Summary: Greystone has an immediate new opportunity for a talented MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN. This individual will install, maintain and repair machinery, equipment, and physical plant systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Lays out, assembles, installs and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment; repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators and related equipment.
- Repairs and maintains physical plant systems.
- Installs, programs or repairs automated machinery and equipment such as programmable controllers.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as a lathe, grinder, drill and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures and tools.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Fabricates and repairs counters, benches, partitions and other wooden structures.
Education / Experience / Training:
- High school diploma, trade or technical school certification or equivalent.
- 3 to 6 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong mechanical and electrical skills.
- Working knowledge of plumbing, pump repair, and hydraulic/electric/mechanical systems is required.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundaments of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, electrical diagrams, PLC wiring diagrams, and manufacture equipment manuals.
- Valid driver’s license. Certified in fork lift operations.
- Experience with Swiss screw and/or rotary transfer machines highly desirable.
- Regularly required to walk, stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance, and taste or smell.
- Frequently lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Vision abilities including close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Noise conditions: Up to 90 decibels.
Heat: Between 70 and 95.
Cold: Between 50 and 70.
Atmospheric Exposures: (dust, fumes, vapors, mists, etc.): Constant petroleum oil mist.
Automation Assembly Technician (Rhode Island)
Summary: Install, refine, trouble shoot and maintain manufacturing automation systems, including production and quality control assemblies.
Duties and Responsibilities
-Responsible for the planning and implementation of minor/major repairs and renovations of mechanical and electrical equipment.
-Repairs and maintains in-plant automatic mechanical equipment.
-Additional duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
-Strong mechanical skills. Knowledge of electrical systems desired.
-Experience troubleshooting mechanical systems. Wiring experience a plus.
-Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
-Ability to diagnosis complex equipment and systems efficiently determining root cause and preventative measures necessary.
-A team player with a strong work ethic capable of working independently and as part of a team.
-Enjoys working with hands and has the interest and ability to repair mechanical devices.
Credentials and Experience
-High school diploma or equivalent and/or completion of trade/technical school.
-Two years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience (preferably within the automotive or other large production industry).
-Internally driven individual motivated by team success.
We offer competitive compensation, lots of overtime opportunities, and a full array of benefits. Please forward your resume to Human Resources as directed in this posting.
- Work independently to manage projects and assignments.
- Lead project teams to complete assigned projects on time and under budget.
- Develop key interdepartmental relationships with Operations, Quality Assurance, Sales and customers to effectively expedite orders to satisfy the company’s commitment to 100% customer satisfaction.
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and complete within required timelines.
- Read, understand and develop operational reports, schedules, and other reports.
- Additional duties as required.
- Ensure all assigned processes and related activities are performed in compliance with Company quality policies and other plant quality certifications.
- Coach and train associates on best practices to yield conforming parts.
- Lead troubleshooting and problem-solving initiatives with platers, quality engineer, and other support functions. Use 8D problem solving and statistical methods whenever possible.
- Interact with customer engineering or quality functions to resolve problems.
- Assist quality department with internal and external audit preparation as required.
- Ensure all assigned processes and related activities are performed safely in compliance with company policies and federal, state and local regulations.
- Coach and train associates on best practices to complete a task safely.
- Report all safety and environmental incidents to plant leadership in a timely manner.
- Manage assigned projects in the following areas:
- New product introduction – new customer products in existing Induplate processes.
- New process introduction – new metal finishing process for Induplate operations.
- Existing process improvement – existing processes/customer products with the potential for improvement in throughput, quality or cost.
- Manage all projects using sound project management practices including:
- Form and lead cross-functional teams including platers and line operators.
- Develop written project plans.
- Conduct regular project meetings.
- Submit written summary of project notes and lessons learned at the completion of projects.
Contact Jillian Bulzacchelli at Jillbulz@greyst.com to learn more about our company Team opportunities.
Greystone is an Equal Opportunity Employer