CNC Machine Operator
As a CNC Machine Operator, you will tend metal fabricating screw machines and conventional turn machines such as: Hydromat, Acme, Tornos, Schutte, Royal Master Grinding and Index multi-spindle machines and associated support equipment such as tool grinders, presses, leak testers, coiners, and inspection equipment.
CNC Machine Operator Job Responsibilities:
- 8 hr. shift during which activities require the operator to be in the standing position 80% of the time period.
- Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Sets stops or guides to specified length as indicated by scale, rule, template or manufacturing data sheets.
- Reads and understands all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for equipment.
- Works with safety features in place at all times.
- Reads and understands all gauging procedures/requirements for jobs being manufactured.
- Pushes button(s) or depresses pedal to activate machine.
- Observes machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunction.
- Measures work piece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation and quality of output.
- Removes burrs, sharp edges, rust, or scale from work piece.
- Performs minor machine maintenance such as oiling machines, tool sharpening, or work piece replacement.
- Removes chips and bar ends from machine while push a cart weighting 50+ lbs.
- Adds oil to machine using pump truck and/or 5gallon pails.
- Loads machine with 12ft bar stock several times per shift per machine, while running a minimum of 2 machines; standard is 3 machines.
- Sets up machine, stacks, marks, packs and transports finished work pieces (10-15lbs).
- Additional duties as required.
- Setup experience preferred.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One to three months job training as a CNC Machine Operator; safety training in proper handling of equipment.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
To apply for Greystone’s CNC Machine Operator position, please complete our online application or attach your resume and forward as instructed in this job posting. We are looking for local potential employees living in Rhode Island ( RI ), Massachusetts ( MA ) and Connecticut ( CT ) due to travel times.